Apply to Sport Management and Recreation
Master of Science or Master of Education in Sport Management and Recreation
- Kevin McAllister, EdD
Phone: (413) 748-3476
- Rolling admissions; Fall entry only
Graduate assistant (GA)positions are determined by March 1 and all students need to be accepted students before they can be considered for a GA position
- Preferred undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- There are no GRE or GMAT requirements at this time (there is some basic math and statistics work included in the program).
- Once all admissions requirements are submitted, candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Completed application and $50 application fee
- Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
- Writing Sample
- In a professionally written essay, please describe the current state of the sport or recreation industry, your salient experiences related to the industry, and how Springfield College will better prepare you for this industry.
- Official college transcripts
- An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required.
- Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. In some cases, including if you plan to request coursework be transferred, a course-by-course translation is required. For this we recommend the World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Please provide the recommendation form to each of the three people you have chosen to comment on your interest in graduate study at Springfield College, as well as your preparedness for it.
International Applicants from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English language proficiency by way of one of the following examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
All application materials should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
If you choose to email your application documents, please note that transcripts and letters of recommendation will not be considered official unless they are emailed directly from the original source and not from the applicant. Please submit materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.