- (413) 748-3362
Athletic Training and Exercise Science Facilities
Maura Bergan teaches courses in various areas of exercise science, including strength and conditioning and kinesiology/biomechanics. Bergan serves as the undergraduate applied exercise science fieldwork coordinator. In addition to teaching, she is actively involved in the field of strength and conditioning and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Introduction to Exercise Science
- Internship I & II
- Management of Health/Fitness Programs
- Exercise Testing and Prescription for Special Populations
- Strength and Conditioning
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning
Certifications and Memberships
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS)
- Precision Nutrition Level 2 Master Coach
- Sport performance
- Psychosocial aspect of sport and performance
- Coach education
- O’Neill, E & Bergan, M. (November, 2019). Diastasis Reci: Is surgery the only option? Oral Presentations at the New England American College of Sports Medicine Fall Meeting, Providence, RI.
- O’Neill, E & Bergan, M. (October, 2019). Structural integrity of the abdominal wall: Complications and exercise recommendations. Oral presentation at the Exercise is Medicine Symposium presented by Springfield College and Baystate Rehabilitation Care, Springfield, MA
- Guyer, M. & Bergan, M. (November, 2018). Bringing Exercise is Medicine to Campus. Symposium Presentation at the New England American College of Sports Medicine Fall Meeting, Providence, RI.
- Bergan, M. (January, 2018). Positive Youth Development through Strength and Conditioning. Oral Presentation at NSCA Coaches’ Conference, Charlotte, NC.
- Mullin, E. & Bergan, M. (2018). Cultural and occupational barriers facing women professionals in the field of strength and conditioning. Journal of Strength and Conditioning, 40(6).
- Bergan, M. & Hutchinson, J. (2016). Motivational climate and strength conditioning coach-athlete relationships in the weight room. NSCA Coach, 3(2).