Assistant Professor of Sport Management and Recreation
- (413) 748-3570
Wellness & Recreation Complex
- Sport and media
- Globalization of sport and international sport policy
- Urban recreation and sport
- Physical cultural studies
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Dynamics of Leadership
- Event Management and Promotions
- Ethics in Sport and Recreation
- Sport Governance and Stategy
- Grainger, A. Rick, O. J. C., & Andrews, D. L. (2013). Bound to the nation: Pacific Islands rugby and the IRB’s new ‘one country for life’ eligibility rules. Sport in Society: Cultures, Commerce, Media, Politics
- Rick, O. J. C., Silk, M. L., & Andrews, D. L. (2013). David’s Too Posh: Kicking Beckham’s Mercenary Celebrityhood Around the Globe. In L. A. Wenner (Eds.), Fallen Sports Heroes, Media, and Celebrity Culture. New York: Peter Lang.
- Rick, O., Maddox, C.B., & Andrews, D.L. (2016). Glocalizing sport: The interaction of the local and the global in sporting practices, corporations, and institutions. In Contemporary Issues in Sport Management: An Introduction. London: Sage.
- Mower, R. L., Rick, O. J. C., & Andrews, D. L. (2014). Football and ‘Ghettocentric’ Logics?: The NFL’s Essentialist Mobilization of Black Bodies. In T. Oates & Z. Furness (Eds), Critical & Cultural Perspectives on the National Football League. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press.
- Andrews, D. L. & Rick, O. J. C. (2014). Making London Olympic stars. In V. Girginov (Eds), Handbook of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. New York: Routledge