As a result, Springfield is now 0-2 on the overall 2007-2008 campaign, 0-1 in the spring.
Jamie Morrell's squad actually got off to a good start by taking a 2-1 lead following the completion of doubles play. The No. 1 doubles team of junior Andrew Constant (Kingston, R.I.) and senior co-captain Joe Lisi (Southbridge, Mass.) won their match by a 9-7 count, breaking serve in the final game. Sophomore Trevor Romanzi (Bayshore, N.Y.) and senior co-captain Rahul Bala (Enfield, Conn.) at No. 2 doubles also won handily by a score of 8-3, winning their last six straight games.
From there, however, Springfield was only able to win one more match on the day. Junior Bobby Schlink (Quaker Hill, Conn.) won his No. 5 singles match over Endicott's Marc Maloney, 6-4, 6-4.
The excruciating part of this match from a Springfield viewpoint was how it lost all four singles matches that went three sets, including one by a 7-5 score in the third, and another by a 7-6 tiebreaker score in the third.
The Pride will play two more NCAA-countable matches in Florida, including a match Tuesday versus Hamilton at 12:30 pm, and a match Wednesday versus Salve Regina at 6:30 pm. Both of those matches will be played in Orlando.
The following are the results of tonight's match versus Endicott:
1) Constant/Lisi (SC) def. Schoen/Murray (E), 9-7
2) Bala/Romanzi (SC) def. Locke/Moraga (E), 8-3
3) Teller/Maloney (E) def. Schlink/McGee (SC), 8-3
1) Dan Murray (E) def. Andrew Constant (SC), 6-2, 3-6, 6-4
2) John Schoen (E) def. Joe Lisi (SC), 6-2, 7-5
3) Devon Locke (E) def. Rahul Bala (SC), 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
4) Scott Teller (E) def. Trevor Romanzi (SC), 6-3, 6-7(4), 7-5
5) Bobby Schlink (SC) def. Marc Maloney (E), 6-4, 6-4
6) Gabe Moraga (E) def. Mike McGee (SC), 7-6(2), 2-6, 7-6(3)