The Pride improve to 5-4 on the season, including a 1-2 mark in league action. Clark drops to 2-4, 0-2.
The Pride's top double team of Andrew Constant and Trevor Romanzi set the tone for the match as they won, 8-1. Doug Nickerson and Zach O'Leary picked up a win at No. 3 doubles, 8-2, in their first action as double partners.
Springfield swept the singles competition in impressive fashion as Constant, Romanzi, Bobby Schlink, Tim Tunis, Zach O'Leary,and Eric Henne each picked up victories. The match was already decided as Romanzi was still battling with Ben Gross. The official had the two finish their match in a tiebreaker format, which Romanzi went on to win, 7-6 (5), 7-2.
The Pride will next hit the court for a crucial conference match on Saturday afternoon at home against Babson.
Final Score: Springfield 8, Clark 1
1) Andrew Constant/Trevor Romanzi (SC) def. Adam Bisceglia/Aaron Chin (CU), 8-1
2) Rocco Li/Socheata Ly (CU) def. Tim Tunis/Bobby Schlink (SC), 9-7
3) Doug Nickerson/Zach O'Leary (SC) def. Ben Gross/Rob Schmidt (CU), 8-2
1) Constant (SC) def. Bisceglia (CU), 6-2, 6-3
2) Romanzi (SC) def. Gross(CU), 7-6 (5), 7-2
3) Schlink (SC) def. Li (CU), 6-1 6-3
4) Tunis (SC) def. Chin (CU), 6-0, 6-4
5) O'Leary (SC) def. Ly (CU), 6-2, 6-0
6) Eric Henne (SC) def. Nathan Maltais (CU), 6-2, 6-1