Springfield won at No. 3 doubles, and at No. 5 and 6 singles. Junior Doug Nickerson (Falmouth, Me.) was the only double winner for the Pride, winning at both No. 3 doubles with sophomore Zach O'Leary (Westboro, Mass.) and at No. 5 singles. Senior Kevin Leahy (Cheshire, Conn.) was an SC winner at No. 6 singles.
Coast Guard won at the top four singles slots, including at No. 1, as sophomore Greg Mitchell (Keene, N.H.) defeated senior Trevor Romanzi (Bay Shore, N.Y.), 6-2, 7-5.
Springfield has assured itself of the No. 5 seed, and will open up the NEWMAC Tournament in a quarterfinal match on the road on Thursday, Apr. 22.
Final Score -- Coast Guard 6, Springfield 3
1) Greg Mitchell/Chris Pappe (CG) def. Trevor Romanzi/Tim Tunis (SC), 8-6
2) Nick Martin/Blake Maurer (CG) def. Kevin Leahy/Ben Burnap (SC), 8-4
3) Doug Nickerson/Zach O'Leary (SC) def. Matt Faha/Cody Isaacson (CG), 8-0
1) Greg Mitchell (CG) def. Trevor Romanzi (SC), 6-2, 7-5
2) Nick Martin (CG) def. Tim Tunis (SC), 6-2, 6-3
3) Chris Pappe (CG) def. Ben Burnap (SC), 6-1, 6-1
4) Blake Maurer (CG) def. Zach O'Leary (SC), 6-4, 6-2
5) Doug Nickerson (SC) def. Cody Isaacson (SC), 6-0, 6-1
6) Kevin Leahy (SC) def. Anthony Foss (SC), 4-6, 6-3 (10-7)