With the win, Springfield's record improved to 6-4 overall, and 3-1 in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference. Wheaton falls to 8-4 overall, and 2-2 in league play. It is Springfield's fourth win in a row, including three this past week, all in conference play.
Constant, a junior from Kingston, N.Y., defeated freshman Greg Poulin (Boxboro, Mass.), 6-7(3), 6-2, 6-1 at the No. 1 slot. This was after Springfield had won all three doubles matches by identical 8-3 scores. Constant had teamed with senior Joe Lisi (Southbridge, Mass.) to win their match at No. 1 doubles.
Other singles winners for the Pride included Lisi at No. 2, sophomore Trevor Romanzi (Bayshore, N.Y.) at No. 4, and junior Bobby Schlink (Quaker Hill, Conn.) at No. 5.
Wheaton's two winners included sophomore Kyle Hudgins (Uxbridge, Mass.) at No. 3, and junior Nii Manfoi Davies (Town & Country, Mo.) at No. 6.
The match began with doubles action.
1) Constant/Lisi (SC) def. Poulin/Little (W), 8-3
2) Bala/Romanzi (SC) def. Hudgins/Krantz (W), 8-3
3) Schlink/Tunis (SC) def. Cullen Garrity/Altman (W), 8-3
1) Andrew Constant (SC) def. Greg Poulin (W), 6-7(3), 6-2, 6-1
2) Joe Lisi (SC) def. James Little (W), 6-3, 6-
3) Kyle Hudgins (W) def. Rahul Bala (SC), 6-4, 6-4
4) Trevor Romanzi (SC) def. Brian Krantz (W), 6-3, 6-3
5) Bobby Schlink (SC) def. Harry Altman (W), 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
6) Nii Manfoi Davies (W) def. Tim Tunis (SC), 6-4, 6-3
Springfield 6-4, 3-1 NEWMAC
Wheaton 8-4, 2-2 NEWMAC