Women's Soccer To Host Breast Cancer Awareness Day on October 17
Springfield, Mass. - October 6, 2009
- The Springfield College women’s soccer team will serve host to Wellesley on October 17 with a different twist as the Pride will have its eye on raising awareness towards breast cancer.
The Pride will take on the Wellesley at 1:00 pm on Saturday afternoon in an important New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest.
Springfield College plans to raise breast cancer awareness in the following way:
* the Springfield College women’s soccer team will be wearing pink T-shirts during warm-ups
* pink ribbons will be handed out to all fans
* pink t-shirts will be sold to anyone who would like to benefit breast cancer research
* the game program will be pink
* fans are welcome to make donations for breast cancer research
Springfield College is requesting fans wear pink apparel to these contests.
Head Coach John Gibson
John Gibson, a native of London, England, enters his 14th season as head women's soccer at Springfield College in the fall of 2013. Gibson has led the Pride to the NCAA Tournament in six of the last eight years and has established the Pride as one of the top programs in the country. His clubs have registered an impressive a 165-75-21 record.
Contact Head John Gibson
| Phone: 413.748.3170