With the loss, Springfield falls to 1-3 on the season. For Trinity, it was their opening match of the season.
Trinity's Amanda Tramont (Miami, Fla.) won her match at No. 1 singles, defeating Springfield sophomore Amy Shaw (Walpole, Mass.), 6-0, 6-0. Sophomore Jillian Steckloff (Framingham, Mass.) also won her match at No. 4 singles by the same score, 6-0, 6-0,
Other singles winners for the Bantams included sophomore Arielle Leben (New York, N.Y.) at No. 3, sophomore Schuyler Livingston (Nahant, Mass.) at No. 5, and sophomore Elizabeth Ortiz (Pasadena, Calif.) at No. 6.
Weinstein, the senior captain from Allentown, Pa., gave her Pride teammates something to cheer about when she won her first set at No. 2 singles, 6-4. But her opponent, senior Sarah Gould (Longmeadow, Mass.), captured the second set, 6-4. Weinstein then closed out the match, exhibiting enormous patience, by scoring every point in the 10-0 super tiebreaker victory.
In doubles, Trinity won all three matches by similar 8-4 scores to post the early 3-0 team lead.
Trinity 8, Springfield 1
1) Amanda Tramont (T) def. Amy Shaw (SC), 6-0, 6-0
2) Melissa Weinstein (SC) def. Sarah Gould (T), 6-4, 4-6, (10-0 super tiebreaker)
3) Arielle Leben (T) def. Rachel Kushma (SC), 6-2, 6-2
4) Jillian Steckloff (T) def. Funmi Olowookere (SC), 6-0, 6-0
5) Schuyler Livingston (T) def. Kyla Walgren (SC), 6-3, 6-1
6) Elizabeth Ortiz (T) def. Talya Pessolano (SC), 6-1, 6-0
1) Tramont/Gould (T) def. Shaw/Weinstein (SC), 8-4
2) Steckloff/Leben (T) def. Kushma/Pessolano (SC), 8-4
3) Ortiz/Kelsey Semrod (T) def. Olowookere/Walgren (SC), 8-4
Trinity -- 1-0
Springfield -- 1-3