Jamie Morrell's club is now 1-2 overall in 2007-2008, and 1-1 on its southern swing to Florida.
As was the case yesterday against Endicott, Springfield got off to a good start in doubles play. But this time, the Pride won all three doubles matches, in fairly convincing style, to take a 3-0 lead. The No. 1 doubles team of junior Andrew Constant (Kingston, R.I.) and senior co-captain Joe Lisi (Southbridge, Mass.) won its match, 8-5. At No. 2, senior co-captain Rahul Bala (Enfield, Conn.) and sophomore Trevor Romanzi (Bayshore, N.Y.) won their match, 8-4. And at No. 3, junior Bobby Schlink (Quaker Hill, Conn.) and sophomore Tim Tunis (Sudbury, Mass.) won by a score of 8-4.
In singles, Springfield had to come from behind in two matches to produce the team victory. At No. 1 singles, Constant won 6-7(2), 6-3, 6-1. And then with the team score tied at 4-all and all eyes watching, Romanzi also came from behind to win 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 at No. 4.
On Wednesday evening, Springfield will play Salve Regina, again in Orlando, at 6:30 pm.
The following are this afternoon's results versus Hamilton:
1) Constant/Lisi (SC) def. Friedberg/Solomon (H), 8-5
2) Bala/Romanzi (SC) def. Kreitzer/Moreno (H), 8-4
3) Schlink/Tunis (SC) def. Erwin/Freeman (H), 8-4
1) Andrew Constant (SC) def. Jared Friedberg (H), 6-7(2), 6-3, 6-1
2) Greg Kreitzer (H) def. Joe Lisi (SC), 6-4, 6-4
3) Jared Solomon (H) def. Rahul Bala (SC), 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
4) Trevor Romanzi (SC) def. Mike Moreno (H), 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
5) Pete Erwin (H) def. Bobby Schlink (SC), 7-5, 6-2
6) Dan Gross (H) def. Tim Tunis (SC), 6-2, 6-4