Springfield College to Host Girls and Women in Sports Day on Feb. 11February 3, 2012
Springfield College will host National Girls and Women in Sports Day on Saturday, Feb. 11. On that day, girls in grades K through 6 are invited to attend clinics at Springfield College involving several sports and activities, including soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, and exercise. The clinics will be held in campus facilities.
Openings are still available. If interested, please contact teaching fellow Adam Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (413) 748-3756.
Girls are encouraged to bring a bagged lunch and eat with SPIRIT, the Springfield College mascot, at 12:30 p.m. Then, at 1 p.m., there will be a "Meet and Greet" clinic with members of the Springfield College Women's Basketball team.
Girls and their families are invited to stay to watch, free of charge, the Springfield College women's basketball team’s game against MIT at 3 p.m. on James Naismith Court in Blake Arena.
"We are excited to host National Girls and Women in Sport again this year, as it was a great event last year, with more than 75 girls participating," said Kiki Jacobs, associate director of athletics at Springfield College. "We are looking forward to celebrating the achievements and accomplishments of girls and women in sport."
National Girls and Women in Sports Day at Springfield College -- Feb. 11 Schedule
- 9-9:15 a.m. - Registration in the Physical Education Complex (Blake Arena) lobby
- 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, and exercise clinics
- 12:30 -1 p.m. - LUNCH - Brown bag it with SPIRIT, the Springfield College mascot.
- 1-2 p.m. - "Meet and Greet" Clinic with Springfield College Women's Basketball players
- 3 p.m. - Women's Basketball in Blake Arena -- Springfield vs. MIT