Using the Library
- Fax Services
- Information Literacy
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research Consultations
- View Account/Renew Books
About the Library
- Babson Library Blog
- Hours and Directions
- Mission & History
- Contact Us
- Archives & Special Collections
Course reserves are study materials (videos, books, etc.) for an assigned course that are shelved in a special section of the library and circulate for a short period of time. Faculty place items on reserve to ensure that all students in a class have equal access to required readings.
To View an Item on Reserve
The Reserves Collection is located behind the Information Desk on the first floor of Babson Library. Reserve items are available during all the hours the library is open.
To locate items on reserve for your class:
- Go to Voyager the online catalog
- Click on the Course Reserves tab
- Select the professor’s name and the course number from the pull down menus
- Click the Search button
- Find the item you need from the list that appears
- Bring a copy of the title and call number to the Information Desk
- A library staff member will retrieve the item for you.
Reserve material is loaned on first come, first served basis and will not be held or renewed. Loan periods vary and most items are for use in the library only.
Students must present a valid Springfield College ID to borrow reserve items.
Students are responsible for all reserve items they borrow and will be assessed charges for lost items.