Using the Library
- Fax Services
- Information Literacy
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research Consultations
- View Account/Renew Books
About the Library
- Babson Library Blog
- Hours and Directions
- Mission & History
- Contact Us
- Archives & Special Collections
Reference Lab Policy
Welcome to the Reference Lab! We ask that you respect the following policy as you use the resources here.
Please adhere to the rules displayed on the public workstation desktops:
- The Library Staff reserves the right to restrict use if people are waiting, with highest priority given to members of the Springfield College community.
- Please refrain from viewing pornographic images because many people find them offensive.
- Copying Restrictions: The copyright law of the US (Title 17, USC) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment is liable for copyright infringement. We appreciate your consideration.
Computers for SC users and for visitors:
- Six of the Reference Lab computers have been set aside for use of current Springfield College faculty, staff and students, exclusively. You must display a current Springfield or Cambridge College ID next to the computer.
- The remaining four computers can be used either by SC users or by visitors with the restrictions outlined above. Every person sitting at a computer must display a picture High School ID, SC ID or adult ID (e.g., driver's license) at these computers.
- Note: When school is in session High School students are welcome to use Babson Library Services after 3:00 p.m. This is at the request of the Springfield Public School Department.
- If Springfield College Community Members* are in need of a computer, guests will be asked to vacate the visitors' computers.
Children and Youth:
- Babson Library assumes that parents or guardians of children are taking responsibility for their activities in the library, even if they are unaccompanied. Children who are accompanied by an adult over 21 years of age or with a Springfield College ID may use all of the library facilities in accordance with the rules stated in this policy. The child must be on the same floor of the Library as the accompanying adult.
- Unaccompanied high school students are permitted to use the Reference Lab workstations in accordance with the rules stated in this policy.
- Unaccompanied children and youth are restricted to the first floor of Babson Library.
Courtesy to others
Please keep noise level low at the public workstations. Please use headphones for applications with sound. The Library does not provide headphones. Headphones should be low, conversation levels within reasonable levels, and cell phones should be used elsewhere if possible or put on vibrate. Users should limit session times and close applications when the session is completed.
Workstation users are asked to print only what they really need to hold down printing costs.
Responsible Use of Technology
All students, faculty and staff of Springfield College and visitors to the College are responsible for adhering to the college's Responsible Use of Technology Statement, available on the College web site.If you need assistance please contact the Information Desk.