Athletic Training Admissions Requirements
How to Apply for Admission:
Springfield College accepts applications for the accelerated five year Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and a Master of Science in Athletic Training Degree program on a rolling admissions basis. The application process is made easy by using The Common Application.
Students admitted to Springfield College must have graduated from an approved secondary school (high school) or have obtained a general equivalency diploma (GED) by the time of their enrollment. Springfield College will require you to submit your high school transcripts, which reflect your high school coursework and cumulative grade point average. Both are important factors in admission. Springfield College recommends that you pursue the strongest college preparatory program available in your high school. Please visit the Springfield College Undergraduate Admissions’ page for specific requirements regarding applying to the College.
Requirements for application to the Program include the following:
- GPA: 3.0/4.0
- SAT: 1150 or higher OR ACT score of 25 or higher
- Strong college preparatory science and mathematics coursework
- AP credits are strongly recommended
- Letter of recommendation from an individual who can attest to your potential for success as a health care provider.
- Documented job shadowing hours with a health care professional specializing in sports medicine/rehabilitation (minimum 20).
- Students must maintain 3.0 Cumulative GPA, complete all core coursework with a B- or better, and meet academic and professional standards for matriculation into the Master’s degree program.
- Students in good standing who meet all academic and clinical admission requirements at the conclusion of the third year of the Exercise Science Major/Pre-professional athletic training concentration and hold current certification in BLS level CPR are accepted into the MSAT program. Students have an additional 18 credits to complete towards the Bachelors of Science degree during their fourth year.