Five Great Reasons to Study Athletic Training at Springfield College
- You’ll join a booming career industry.
As reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor in its 2017-18 Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment opportunities in the athletic training field are projected to grow 23 percent through 2026, which is much faster than the average for other occupations. The field continues to develop as older populations continue to be active and individuals become more aware of the effects of sports-related injuries. As a Springfield College athletic training graduate, you’ll be in demand.
- We provide knowledge and hands-on experience that is truly second to none.
Springfield College has been preparing athletic trainers for successful careers since 1925, long before the profession was popular. As part of this internationally recognized program, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, you’ll gain the training and experience to help you succeed.
- You’ll gain access to an abundant network of alumni eager to help jumpstart your career.
There are thousands of Springfield College graduates employed by professional teams, high schools, and colleges and universities, who are willing to help new Springfield College graduates find work. They know firsthand the training and education you’ve received, and how well prepared you are to become a successful athletic trainer upon graduation.
- Fieldwork opportunities start as early as your first year.During your first year enrolled in the Exercise Science/Pre-professional athletic training major, you start with observations. During the next two years, you quickly move on to active fieldwork opportunities, gaining valuable experience with assessing, creating, implementing and supervising wellness activities and programming for diverse client populations. During the last two years of this 5-year BS to MS degree program, you’ll participate in six hands-on athletic training specific clinical practicum learning opportunities. Our clinical education curriculum is designed to first introduce you to skills during highly structured lab settings, where you are able to learn and practice on classmates under the close supervision of the instructor. You’ll then have the opportunity to develop your skills with actual patients.
- Our contemporary facilities offer an unparalleled learning environment.
Our Athletic Training/Exercise Science Facility enhances both coursework and fieldwork. It features a state-of-the-art athletic training clinic, several laboratories, and a strength-and-conditioning facility, outfitted with the same types of tools and equipment you’ll be using throughout your career.