- (413) 748-5233
Athletic Training and Exercise Science Facilities
Kristen Ouellette is an exercise and sport science faculty member, teaching courses in strength and conditioning, personal training, and measurement. Ouellette is also the Massachusetts state director for the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and committee member for the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Association. In her free time, she is a performance coach for Renaissance Periodization where she helps clients lose weight and improve performance. Her previous professional experience includes teaching students who are becoming strength coaches and personal trainers, as well as training athletes of all ages and ability levels at the collegiate and high school levels. She has coached and interned at some of the premier training facilities in the United States and prides herself on being an adaptable and open-minded professional. Prior to her appointment at Springfield College, Ouellette was the NSCA state director for Utah, trained the University of Utah women’s lacrosse team and was a graduate assistant in the exercise science department.
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Sport Science and Analytics
- Body Composition Change
- Strength and Conditioning
- Strength and Conditioning Application
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Concepts of Personal Training
- On Campus Practicum
Certifications and Memberships
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Mountain Tactical Institute Certified Tactical Coach
- Chek Exercise Coach
- Reflexive Performance Reset Level 1
- Postural Restoration Institute Myokinematic and Pelvis Restoration
- National Soccer Coaches Association of American National Diploma and Goalkeeper Level 1 Certifications
- Renaissance Periodization Nutrition Methods; Application of Nutrition for Performance and Body Composition, National Strength and Conditioning Association Massachusetts State Clinic 2019, Springfield, Mass.
- Weight Loss and Weight Cutting for Powerlifters,Precision Powerlifting Systems, Boston, Mass., 2018
- NSCA Massachusetts State Clinic, Presenter: Work Capacity Training; Research and Program Design, 2015
- NSCA Rocky Mountain Regional ClinicPresenter: Optimize Your Inter-Set Rest for Improved Work Capacity Training Sessions, 2013
- Ouellette, K. A., Brusseau, T. A., Davidson, L. E., Ford, C., Hatfield, D. L., Shaw, J. M., & Eisenman, P. A. (2015). Comparison of the effects of seated, supine and walking inter-set rest strategies upon work rate. Journal of strength and conditioning research/National Strength & Conditioning Association.
- Ouellette, K., Scott, A., Shaul, R. (2015) An Assessment of A Midsize, Urban, Midwestern Fire Department. https://djnrck7om5y5b.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Fitness-Culture-Assessment-and-Job-Task-Analysis-of-a-Midsize-Urban-Midwestern-Fire-Department.pdf
- Brown, J., Tran A., Ouellette K, Young L, Waller M. Comparison of Body Fat as Determined by Air Displacement Plethysmography and Two Body Adiposity Index Equations. National Strength and Conditioning Association National Conference. Las Vegas, NV, July, 2013.
- Ouellette, K., Shaul R. (2011, February). The Afghanistan Pre-Deployment Training Program. Retrieved from http://www.nscalift.org/TSAC/TSAC_Report_16.pdf Ouellette K., Bower M, Thomas GA, Fragala MS, Vingren JL, Hatfield DL, Ho JY, Hopkins AK, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Anderson JM, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ. Optimizing Power Training: Relationship Between Sets and Repetitions Schemes in Female Collegiate Rowers. National Strength and Conditioning Association National Conference. Las Vegas, NV, July, 2008.
- Hatfield DL, Kraemer WJ, Shoap M, Trail J, Gotwald M, Keefer S, Gomez AL, Bower M, Fragala MS, Ouellette K, Spiering BA, Ho JY, Vingren JL, Silvestre R, Burnham R, Torres E, Volek JS, Gaudiose MC. A comparison of tests of physical performance based on BMI rankings in boys and girls. National Strength and Conditioning Association National Conference, Washington D.C., July, 2006.
Spring 2017 Laurels Submissions
- Kristen A. Ouellette, PhD, assistant professor of applied exercise science, published “Comparison of the effects of seated, supine, and walking interset rest strategies on work rate” in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research in December 2016.
- Kristen A. Ouellette, PhD, assistant professor of applied exercise science, was named state director for the National Strength and Conditioning Association board of directors in September 2016. The organization will host a state clinic on the Springfield College campus in April 2017.